WE PROUDLY OFFER PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION OF*:
- Fungi Treatments
- Sump Pumps
- Dry Wells
Water underneath your home? No problem! A-1 Inc. Exterminators is prepared to get dirty and take care of business!
*Please scroll below for further information on the items above.
- Aid with moisture problems in crawl spaces
- Works to provide ideal conditions for the air you and your family breathe that enters your home through your crawl space
- Helps to reduce incidence of fungal growth and insect presence
- Helps to avoid pipe freezing in the winter
- Keeps your crawl space maintained by increasing the life of all facets of your crawl, such as vapor barriers, insulation, wiring, piping, structural wood members, sub floor, etc.
- Are durably built to last in the harsh conditions of a crawl space
- Utilize a hydronic sensor that automatically turns the unit off and on as needed, saving on the utility bill.
- Add value to your home
This solution is considered just that, a solution. Dehumidifiers work to cure the illness not just alleviate the symptoms!
- Fans provide the crawl space with needed ventilation that prevents condensation from vaporizing into the wood structure of your home.
- Provide directional airflow via high-velocity turbine wheel.
- Are durably built of heavy-duty A.B.S. plastic construction, which provides thermal protection.
- Have a permanently lubricated spark-free motor
what is a fungi or borate treatment?
A borate treatment is made to the exposed wood surfaces in your crawl space to arrest the growth of wood-destroying fungi and to help protect the wood from insect attack. A borate is environmentally safe, odorless, and colorless. Treatment efficacy is approximately 7 years.
why should i consider a borate treatment?
Borate treatments are performed for a variety of reasons. The primary reason would be as a preventative measure, due to the long-lasting protection. A borate treatment leaves the wood unpalatable to wood-destroying insects in addition to being effective for control of other pests such as: beetles, crickets, roaches, etc.
The borate treatments we offer serve to ensure the integrity of the wood in your crawl space. Under certain conditions, wood-destroying fungi, algae, white rot, brown rot, poria incrassata, and wet rots can form in your crawl space. Unlike other moisture control solutions we offer, this works to halt harmful effects of moisture problems in the crawl. Pre-treatment is a highly-advisable option as it protects your home for the life of the treated wood.
primary insects affected by borate treatments
- Subterranean termites
- Formosan termites
- Carpenter ants
- Powderpost beetles
- Old house borers
Our fungi / borate treatments are proven to provide homes with an environmentally-friendly solution to moisture problems plaguing many homes. If you think your home is in danger, give us a call at (757) 420-4800. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Disclaimer: It should be understood that problems that may have led to the infestation or that may do so in the future must be corrected. It should also be understood that while fungal sporing and growth in a crawl space can have some adverse effects on those with sensitivities, this is NOT the same type of dangerous sporing that is termed "toxic mold". These dangerous molds are those such as Stachybotrys or Chaetomium. These serious conditions are generally identified by a company qualified to perform air quality testing and are not normally found in crawl space environments.
why should you consider a sump pump?
- Sump pumps allow for automatic evacuation of water from a crawl space
- Helps alleviate damage to your home's foundation, footings, wood framing, and sub-floor due to excessive moisture
- Promotes an environment to inhibit fungal growth and possible termite attacks
- Preserves crawl insulation and vapor barrier by reducing standing water in your crawl space
- Less expensive that other measures such as french drains or dry wells.
what is a dry well for?
A dry well prevents ground water from entering through below-grade vents or accesses. Instead it allows the water to be diffused through drainage rock, safely into the water table.
why should you consider a dry well?
- Increases air flow to the crawl space
- Improves appearance and usefulness of existing or new vents and access doors
- Helps with the presence of unpleasant odors due to excessive moisture
- Improves overall health of your crawl space